You love to eat sweets but prefer making at home than buying from bakeries. I think no one can say no to CAKE. It has become the specialty of every celebration, especially birthdays and weddings.
The bonus of this recipe article is that it presents homemade cake recipe that doesn’t make using the oven compulsory. This recipe is the basic one, and you can try different taste fusions.
- All-purpose flour (3 small size bowls)
- Eggs (4 small sized bowls)
- Baking Soda (2 tsp)
- Vanilla Essence (2 tsp)
- Powdered Sugar (1.5 Cups)
- Butter (one cup)
- Milk (one cup)
- Start making a cake by mixing the sugar and butter. Using a hand whisker or a fork, whisk eggs until light, and fluffy consistency is achieved. After that, add the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly. Continue to beat until the mixture is white and creamy.
- Combine the all-purpose flour and baking soda in a sifter. Gradually include it into the egg mixture. Add a little milk if necessary and mix until the batter is frothy and moist. If the consistency of your cake is fine and it pours down like canned condensed milk, you may not use all of the milk. Blend in the vanilla extract thoroughly. Vanilla essence is essential for masking the odor of eggs.
- On a greased baking pan, sprinkle some all-purpose flour. It will keep the cake from clinging to the base. You can also use butter paper to line it. In a pressure cooker, pour the prepared mixture into the tin and set it on a stand. Do not put any water in the cooker, and make sure the tin does not touch the bottom. The baking dish can also be kept atop an inverted steel plate. Increase the heat to high and cook for two minutes under pressure. Remove the whistle and cook for thirty-five to forty minutes on low heat. Cook at 180 degrees for half an hour if using an electric oven.
- If a knife or a metal skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean, the cake is done. Allow to cool on a wire rack after removing from the oven/cooker.
- Use occasion-related molds like heart-shaped mold for anniversary cakes.
- Replace half of the milk with condensed milk to make this sponge cake creamier.
- Make sure the cake mix is thoroughly whisked before creating a Homemade Cake. Better still, use an electric blender to combine all of the ingredients, as this will result in a frothy, light combination.
- If you don’t have butter on hand, clarified butter or ghee can be used. For added flavor, you can use handmade white butter.
- How to make the cake more fluffy and delicious?
Your cake will rise, be fluffy, and delicious if you get the proportions correct. This sponge cake can also serve as the foundation for a variety of cream cake recipes.
- Can I mix wet and dry ingredients rapidly?
The proper mixing of the wet and dry ingredients is one trick that makes this cake great. It may seem insignificant, but mixing the two together at the same time may result in microscopic lumps that influence the cake’s texture. The idea is to combine them gradually, mixing a bit at a time.