What can be better if nutrition and taste combine in your favorite recipe? Do you like cherry jam? Does your mother force you to eat almonds every day, but you really don’t like chewing almonds only. It happens!! Ask your mother to prepare this cake for you. Ask her to add your almonds and other chestnuts. She will be happy!! This recipe contains 600kcal and only 32 grams of fat. Now let’s being with the recipe for this amazingly delicious cake.
For The Cake Sponges
- Softened butter (200 gram; and additional for the greasing purpose later)
- Caster Sugar (200 gram)
- Ground Almonds (100 gram)
- Self-raising Flour (100 gram)
- Baking powder (one teaspoon)
- Almond extract (half teaspoon)
- Eggs (4 large sized)
For cake filling and topping
- Morello cheery preserved (340-gram Jar – take half)
- Icing Sugar (175 gram)
- Lemon Juice or Water (5 to 6 teaspoons)
- Ready-toasted Flaked Almonds (1 teaspoon)
Follow the below steps to bake this amazing cake.
- Preheat your electric oven to 180C/160C, and you will bake the cake on the middle shelf. Take round sandwich tins of diameter 20 centimeters and apply baking paper. Now grease the baking paper with butter.
- All the ingredients listed above under the label “for the cake”; beat together while adding some salt unless you get a smooth texture. You can use an electric or manual beater for this. Now pour this mixture on the baking paper and smooth the top surface. Now put the tray into the oven and bake for half-hour. Time may increase if the mixture hasn’t turned golden and springy. You should not check the mixture until oven time reaches twenty-five minutes.
- After 30 minutes, when the mixture is ready, and you have the cooled sponges. Take them out. Now face one of the cake sponges upsides, so you have a smooth layered surface for icing sugar later.
- Take 1 cooled sponge on the serving tray and speed the jam on it. Now add another sponge at 2nd top layer. Take icing sugar, sieve it and add lemon juice or water to make a smooth and thicker paste. Spread this mixture on the top of your cake and let it flip to the sides. Now take some chewnuts to sprinkle on the top, and finally, leave it aside for more minutes before cutting it into pieces.
- Use lemon juice instead of water can enhance the taste of water.
- Use different molds for baking the sponge cake mixture. It will help you create fun with your cooking.
- Serve sponge cake with a cup of coffee to enhance the taste experience.
- How much time will it take the sponges to be ready?
It depends; sometimes it takes only 30 minutes, and sometimes it may take longer as 35 or 40 minutes for the cake to get ready.
- Which is preferred? Lemon juice or water?
It is up to you what you add. It only differs in taste. If you add water, the taste will be flat. If you add lemon juice, the taste will be spicy. Choose according to your desired taste.